Tuesday, October 20, 2020

My College Experience

Hello everyone today I am writing about my experience in college. My first college experience was at Millersville University. I had a wonderful time there; I had a lot of awesome teachers and made a lot of friends while attending there for 2 years. The feeling of going from high to college felt exciting and scary at the same time because I was going to be away from home and living on campus. I was excited because I was becoming independent and learning how to be a young adult. I got comfortable in my first year of college by talking with my parents, friends and family about it and what classes I am going to take while I am there and what major I am going to be taking.  I think what was scary for me was being away first from my dog because I am used to having him with me and he is my emotional support animal that I have had since 2010. He is one of my best friends and my mom calls him my Ace boon coon!  And I was also a little scared of being away from away from my family,because I haven't been away from my family for a long period of time before. I was also confident and brave I knew that I could go to college and be great because I knew I had my family and friends support behind me and that made me feel good. I was able to get comfortable quickly because I visited the campus before I attended there, And I was one of the first ones to live in the new residence halls. When I moved in, I was so excited to have my own room and be independent. My room was very nice and colorful. 


It was fun living on campus and not at home because I was able to be independent and go wherever I wanted on campus. And I went to different events to with my friends. I made friends pretty fast, I met some friends on campus and at different organizations and clubs. My mentors that I had were my friends too. we hanged out and did homework together and went on different outings. I overcame Challenges while I was at Millersville too. I had a terrific experience there and I learned a lot for when I was going to go on my next journey to college. 

My next college experience was when I took a year off before I attended college, I signed up for UNCG when I graduated from Millersville; I was planning to attend there for college. I had visited the campus and met everyone who worked in the college, and I had to go orientation and all the meetings. My plan was to live with my aunt while I attended UNCG. When we came back home from Greensboro North Carolina, we found out my dad had been assigned to a country to go live for a year, he had work to do there. I was thinking to myself I don't want my mom and dog to be alone while my dad is away for a while so me and my mom talked about it, she said you can take a year off to stay with me while your dad is away, and then go to UNCG when he returns. So while my plan was to go to UNCG that plan ended up changing because my Aunt had gotten unexpectedly sick, and ended up passing away, so I decided not to go to uncg because I wouldn't have anywhere to live while I attended there. My mom and I  made a plan, we decided to visit my dad where he was assigned and then sign apply somewhere for college. We had a wonderful trip, we visited many beautiful countries and cities. My favorite one we visited was Paris Disneyland. My dad planned that as a surprise for me. It was so wonderful and I will never forget it. I loved seeing all the Disney characters especially Mickey and Minnie. Mickey is my favorite personally.

When my Mom and I returned to the states, I decided to apply for college and I applied to Penn State Harrisburg.  I sent my application in, and then I heard back a couple weeks later and it said that I have an interview, with Jenny and Kelsey. When I got accepted I was so excited to be a Nittany lion and I had a wonderful first semester and I loved orientation. I got to go to college again with my friends Demi and  Sarah again who I also went to Millersville with. I loved my classes I took there and all the activities and clubs they had there.

I made a lot of friends while I attended there, The first friend I made at Penn State was Nicole Courtney, we hit it off good with each other and had different outings with each other. She is very kind, and funny, and Jovial. She loves people and dogs. She makes me smile and she's very easy to be friends with, I am glad to have Nicole as a friend.

My next friend I made at Penn State, her name Is Clara. She is very bright and outgoing and fun. She loves to sing and dance, We have hung out with each other since I have attended Penn State Harrisburg, we go to a lot of my moms sorority events together, A lot of my moms sorority sisters like her and find her enjoyable. She makes me laugh and smile. Its very easy to like her because she is a very nice and caring person with a happy and caring heart.

Another Friend I made at Penn State is a awesome guy named Joshua Ridge. We all called him Josh, he is very sweet and happy. He made everyone smile with joy and made their day. He always made me smile and laugh, He is a wonderful friend that I will always treasure. I am so grateful and happy to know Josh and have him as a friend. 

I really enjoy Penn State and being a Nittany Lion because I feel like I can be myself there and express my personality and it feels like a second family to me. The Career Studies feels like a second family because everyone is always together and we are always talking with one another, and making each other feel good and lifted up. I love being a Nittany lion, and I am happy to be attending Penn State Harrisburg and be part of the career studies Program.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...