Sunday, July 18, 2021

College Road Trip

 Hey everyone. I have decided to write about one of my favorite Martin Lawrence movies . It is called College Road Trip it stars Martin Lawrence, Kym Whitley and Raven Symone. 

Martins character is named James and ravens character is named Melanie. James wife is named Michelle and his son is named Trey, he loves doing science experiments. He also has a pet pig that he loves, his name is Albert you will see what Albert does in the movie, he is very cute and funny. 

James is a police chief he protects his community he takes his job very seriously.  But when it comes to his daughter he is a little overprotective because in his mind he wants to know that he is doing everything to keep her safe and happy. And in Melanie's mind she feels like he is not letting her have her independence. 

And not letting her make her own choices of where she would like to go to college, he wants her to go to a college that is close to home because then he won't have to worry about her and know that she is fine because she is close to home, and he is able to easily check on her. 

She wants to go to a different college George-town that is far away from her home which is one of the parts that she likes.

 Before she makes her decision on which college she wants to go to her dad makes the decision of going on a road trip with Melanie to check out different colleges to see if she is interested in any of those colleges instead of George-Town.  

In the movie you will see the road-trip is filled with a lot of adventures and entertainment. And they make new friends on the road trip, you will have to see the movie to see who the people they make friends with Doug and Wendy they are very nice, friendly, happy, out-going people and they also love to sing They have very cheerful personalities. You will see that they sing snippets of different songs in the movie it is very funny. 

You will also see how James and Melanie's relationship plays out in the movie, they have a few ups and downs in the movie, I think you will like how their relationship turns out in the end it is very heart-warming and exciting to see what happens with their relationship after the road trip is done. 

There is also a surprise that happens in the movie with Melanie, when you watch the movie pay attention to the scene when Melanie and her family go on a bus Melanie does something on the bus that has everyone clapping their hands, smiling and dancing it is a really entertaining scene.

I chose to write about this movie today because It reminded me of different road trips I took in my life, I have been on a lot of fun road trips. When I was younger my brother and I went on a road trip with my Grandfather, he would drive us to different states to visit family, It was so much fun! 

While we were on the road to the state that my grandfather was driving us to, he would ask would you like something for lunch? We would always McDonalds and from McDonalds I would always get the same thing chicken nuggets and fries. 

And when he would visit us in Pennsylvania and tell us stories about when we took road-trips together he would say you guys would always want McDonalds for lunch and want chicken nuggets and fries. I have been traveling on airplanes since I was little, I love flying and visiting family. Family means a lot to me, I love my family with all my heart. 

I remember another road trip that my grandma, my Uncle Gary, my aunt Joan and cousin Kevin and his family took a road trip to Pennsylvania where I live for my College graduation. 

They came to celebrate my special day with me, I was so excited to see all of them and very blessed that they all made their way up from Maryland, Charlotte and Virginia to see me graduate from Millersville University, I will always keep that memory in my heart forever.

One other special  trip I remember is when my Uncle and my Big-Brother/cousin who I love dearly came up for my high school graduation, they came up from El Paso Tx to see me graduate from high school and celebrate my special day with me. 

My Uncle Warrie came up from Tennessee and  my Cousin Sharrie came up from Philly. And my Uncle Herb and my grandma came up from Maryland. I was so happy and excited to see my family. It filled my heart with so much joy.

I also chose to write about this movie, because there is a lot of joy and happiness in the movie, It is good to have joy and happiness in life. Joy is a good thing to have because you feel happy inside, and it makes you want to smile and laugh, and live life to the fullest. I always look at the glass as half-full because I like to be positive and have joy in my heart because it matches my personality, I have a friendly outgoing and jovial personality. 

My favorite character from the movie is Melanie because she has a bright and outgoing personality, she loves to dance, and sing. She loves to laugh that is one of my favorite things to do. She loves living life, and being independent. And she also knows that her family is always in her corner whenever she needs them for anything. She also sets goals for herself and does her best to reach them. I I have goals for myself too, like my year-book quote in high school If you can dream it you can do it! Walt Disney.  

One of my dreams is to get married one day and have a family.  I believe that one day that will happen for me. And one of my other dreams is to have my wedding at Disney World with all of my family and friends at my wedding day to celebrate with me. I believe in my heart that the guy God is preparing will love Disney and singing too. 

My favorite scene from the movie is the scene where it is thanksgiving and the girls are coming home for thanksgiving break. The friends that James and Melanie made are over at their house to celebrate thanksgiving with them. Melanie comes in first says hello to everyone and then brings in her friend you will see her friend in the movie. She introduces her friend to her dad, he at first has a little trouble with her friend and then relaxes and says its's nice to meet you. 

James friend Doug congratulates him on being comfortable and being nice to Melanie's friend, he says it takes a strong and good man to do that. His Daughter Wendy is happy to hear him say that because she also brought a friend over to introduce to everyone and to her dad, she introduces him to Melanie's family first and then brings him over to her dad. She brings him over to her dad and says his name is scooter. He calls him dad, and that makes him wince. And then she announces that they are getting married.  Then Scooter starts singing and Doug makes a funny face and freaks out. It is very funny and hilarious it makes me laugh every time. I think you will enjoy that scene in the movie too.

I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to enjoy a good comedy family movie.

College Road Trip - Full Cast & Crew - TV Guide





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bedtime Stories

Hey Everyone!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful summer and a wonderful day! I’m having a wonderful summer so far.  I just recently sta...