Thursday, July 23, 2026

the Duff


Hey Everyone, I hope you all are having a good Summer and have had nice exciting adventures so far, and captured a lot of memories and fun moments.

I have decided to write about one of my favorite movies called the Duff starring Mae Whitman, Robbie Arnell and Bella thorne and Ken Jeong, and a whole wonderful cast of people! 

The movie starts with a young lady named Bianca who is enjoying her senior year of high school with her two best friends in the suburbs of Atlanta with Jess and and Casey who are significantly popular than she is.

 Her neighbor is Wesley, the captain of the football team, who was her childhood friend, Bianca reluctantly goes to a party hosted by a mean girl named Madison.

Wesley's on again off again girl  hopes of talking to her guitar playing - crush Toby, while they are at the party Wesley brings to Bianca's attention that she is the "DUFF" of her friend group designated Ugly fat friend, and explains to her duff means designated Ugly Fat Friend.

He explains that DUFF doesn't necessarily have to mean ugly or fat, it just could mean the unpopular person of the group, and therefore more accessible than the others in the group.

Bianca is insulated and devastated, but soon she realizes Wesley is right, the students in her high school are only interested in her as a way to get to jess and Casey.

She takes her anger out on Jess and Casey and unfriends them on Social Media and in person, She later overhears Mr. Fillmore Wesley's Science Teacher telling Wesley unless he passes the midterm he's off the football team, which could cost him his football scholarship.

She is desperate to up her social standing and go on a date with her crush, Bianca strikes a deal with Wesley: she will help him pass his class if he helps her socially, the two have fun at the mall, attempting a makeover by buying new clothes,Madison's henchgirl records Bianca embarrassingly playing in her new clothes and pretending that a mannequin is Toby.

Madison posts the video online to embarrass Bianca because she has become possessive of Wesley and jealous of Bianca's  relationship with him.

Wesley suggests to just own the video and be upfront with Toby, talking directly to him and asking him out, she takes the advice and to her surprise he accepts.

  Bianca takes Wesley to her favorite spot in the forest, her "think" rock to get him away from the constant arguing from his parents and to possibly cope with a divorce, they kiss and joke about it pretending it never happened.

Bianca and Toby have a date at his house, where she finds herself thinking about Wesley, she brushes it off, and then finds out he has been Duffing her to get close to Jess and Casey, she confronts him as the shallow and superficial person he has revealed himself to be and leaves in tears and she goes to find Wesley to tell him about what happened with her date.

I decided to write about this movie because it tells a good story, and it is really easy to follow, it also shows you that labels and societal expectations don't define you...true confidence comes from self-acceptance and embracing your authentic self! 

For me personally, I have had to grow to learn to love my voice, because I would hear sometimes your voice sounds like a little girl, or your too grown to be sounding like that, the reason my voice sounds young is because I talk over my larynx that's what makes it sound the way it does.

There was one time where I tried to talk deeper to appease the comments that was made about my voice when I did it didn't feel right because my voice wasn't meant to sound like that.. I believe I was born with a unique voice and that I was just born with a special voice and that is different from anyone else because it's my voice and I love my voice.

I believe it will be used for something special one day I know I was given this kind of voice for a reason... I can see it now being used in animation or something in Disney or some kind of character on a kids show, I know my time to shine will come soon.

All I have to do is wait and keep and believing and trusting it will happen, I have had a dream of working at Disney as long as I can remember and you know the Disney Saying Dreams Come True, and if you believe you can achieve! 

I will achieve my Dream!  I want to let you all know to be confident and proud of the person you are because you are amazing and fabulous and made and created very special and loved by many! Keep doing you and shining your star bright! 

My favorite scene from the movie is when Bianca stands up for herself with her friends and tells them that she is confident in who she is and is a fantastic person and she won't let her friends define who she is.. She knows who she is inside and out and proud of the person and girl she is!

I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to watch a good story!





\
















No comments:

Post a Comment

the Duff

Hey Everyone, I hope you all are having a good Summer and have had nice exciting adventures so far, and captured a lot of memories and fun m...