Monday, February 8, 2021

My Trip to the Dentist

 Hello Everyone, 

I recently had a trip to the Dentist Office.  When I had my normal dentist trip I found out that I had a cavity and they said that I have my first cavity and that I would need to have work done on my mouth to fill the cavity. I was thinking oh my gosh, Im so nervous! 

I have never had work done on my mouth before, and my tongue is a fighter, it fights all the dental instruments that they put in my mouth. The Dentist will say Emerald please move your tongue to the side or the roof of your mouth.

 So a couple weeks after my appointment It was NewYears Eve so I called my cousin Devin to tell him Happy new year! And that I have my first cavity, and that  I have to get work done! He asked me if my cavity hurt at all? And I said no and that I was nervous about getting work done on my mouth. He said it's good that doesn't hurt, and you got this! You will be ok! And it is good that they caught it early.  

Then came the time for my Dentist appointment to fill my cavity. I was so nervous on the way to the appointment, I told my mom personally I like going to the Dentist better than the doctor because I know what they are going to do.

 I don't like going to the Doctor as much because I am worried what they are going to say after they finish giving me a checkup. It makes me feel more uncertain then going to the dentist because I never know what is really wrong.

 We were still on our way to the office, and I told my mom I can't wait to see my cheeks puffy. I can show my friends and family what my face looks like after I got my cavity fixed. I told her I wish Devin was here to hold my hand, while I was getting my cavity filling, So while we were still continuing on our way I decided to imagine that when I arrived at the dentist office he could be there to hold my hand. 

We made it to the dentist office, I was first up, I said to myself here we go. The Dentist Assistant made sure I was comfortable, and told me what was going to be happening with the filing of the cavity in my mouth. And I said thank you for filling me in. 

Then my Dentist came in, and asked how I was doing, and he also talked with me about what he was going to be doing, It was then I imagined that Devin was there to hold my hand, before the procedure the dentist told me to sit back in the chair and relax, and that he was going to numb my mouth, so I would not feel any pain while they were working on filling my cavity.  

Then it came the time to fill my cavity in, So I sat back in the chair, and while he was working on my cavity, I felt tapping on my shoulder, his assistant was tapping me on my shoulder for comfort and I think also to say it will be ok. It helped to me distract me too, it took my mind off what the dentist was doing and went to the tapping. 

It didn't take long at all, I successfully made it through my Dentist appointment, my dentist said that I did a fantastic Job. My whole face felt swollen and numb. The left side of my cheek was puffy and swollen. I didn't see any puffiness on the right side of my face. I am glad that I got it accomplished and over with. 


May be an image of 1 person and eyeglasses

May be an image of one or more people and outdoors

3 comments:

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...