Thursday, July 9, 2020

Anthony Evans

I have a fantastic story. I met my favorite gospel singer, Anthony Evans. He is Tony Evans and Lois Evans son. I have been a fan of his since 2014. His sister is Priscilla Shirer, she is an evangelist speaker for women, who teaches them about God! I have been telling my mom for a couple of years, I wanted to meet Anthony Evans one day. She told me 'Ok! Look up his events and find out where he is going to be singing  at'. I looked up his events on my phone and found out he was going to be in Maryland! My mom told me 'Ok, let me know the dates and we will go'. A couple of days before the concert, my mom was on her way home from work, she was listening to the radio and heard of a couple of Anthony Evans songs, she called me and said that God told her that I am going to meet Anthony Evans that I should be ready! I got my CDs together and my book that he wrote to get ready for him to sign. I also got a card for him because his mom passed away. The day finally arrived! My mom and I were on our way and when we arrived at the church my mom saw Anthony on the screen in the lobby. She went over to the lady working behind the desk and asked her is he live and really here?  The lady said yes he is really here! I had to run to the restroom quick, when I came out my mom said 'Hurry Emerald Hurry! You won't believe it, Anthony Evans was in the middle of the room'. 😃 We quickly got in line, the line wasn't long at all. My mom said 'hurry Emerald get your stuff ready for him to sign'. I had to sign his card and envelope quick to give it to him. 

It was finally my turn. I told him he is my favorite singer and I love his music. He asked where we are from, we said Pennsylvania. He said thank you for coming down and he saw how much I have read his book.  I got my picture taken with him, got his autographs, then it was time for worship service before service he asked if we are coming to the concert we said yes. He sang a few of his songs, then had a mini interview with the pastor. The pastor said Anthony will be back tonight with a concert. After church, my mom and I headed out into the lobby, a couple minutes later I get to see Anthony again and he gave me a hug, he was so happy to see me again. So then my mom and I decided to do some shopping and have some lunch before the concert. We went to the mall, and there was a stand with different t-shirts with pictures on them. I asked my mom if I could get a T-Shirt made with my picture with Anthony on it. She said would you wear it to the concert? I said yes, so we got the T-Shirt made with one of his songs from his album. I put Raise a Hallelujah on the T-Shirt because it is one of my favorite songs from his album.
We arrived back at the church concert ready and people started arriving and really liked my shirt. They said Anthony will love that. It was then time to go inside the church for the concert, We all went inside to the lobby, they then let us in the room, Anthony came out, the first song he sang was Raise a Hallelujah. He was singing then he saw me in the audience and saw the shirt, He loved it he smiled a big smile on his face:). A couple of hours later in the concert I waved to him and he said 'Hello Emerald come up on the stage'. I couldn't believe it!

It was a glorious and triumphant moment in my life. I went up on the stage, he told everyone 'I want you to meet my sweet little friend Emerald. Her and her mom came all the way down from Pennsylvania. I want you all to see this shirt, Isn't this amazing?' He loved it! He said thats the picture we took together this morning. He asked where i got it done, I told him the mall. He then said tell my assistant Anthony said that you can have anything you want. I said thank you so much. He said I am so glad you came. I am so glad god blessed me with such a wonderful moment. I will forever remember. During the quarantine, He has done a couple of LiveWorshipping Videos, And gave me a couple of shout outs during them. He remembers me!
Add caption

2 comments:

  1. Anthony Evans Is Awesome!!’ He has amazing music 🎶 and A wonderful Heart for God and his family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Dr.Tony and Lois
    Evans son.
    He is also Priscilla shirers Brother and Chrystal Hurts and Jonathan Evans brother.

    ReplyDelete

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...