Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The Nutty Professor

 Hey, I hope you all are having a wonderful week!! In celebration of Black History Month,  I have decided to write about the Nutty Professor starring Eddie Murphy and Jada Pinkett Smith. It is one of my favorite movies. 

Eddie's character is named Sherman Klump, he is an obese man he is very kind and caring he is a professor at Wellman College, he creates different experiments and also teaches students. His assistants name is Jason. 

 One of his experiments  he made has made deals with DNA and it made to lose weight easier and I think a little more faster, Jada's character is Miss. Purty her first name is Carla.

Sherman likes her a lot she decides to visit his classroom one day to say hello and to talk to him, after they talk for a while he asks her out on a date and she says that she hears a lot of people at the school like a place called  the Scream it is a very popular hang-out so they decide on the scream. 

And they are on their date they are enjoying themselves so far and as the evening progresses they get entertained with a stand-up comedian his name is Reggie he roasts different people and says jokes about them that he thinks is funny. 

Sherman notices that he is roasting different tables that are close to the stage and the spotlight is getting close to his table he tries to make a quick get-away before he gets to his table, unfortunately he is too late.

Reggie starts roasting him as soon as he sees him get up from the table, he says a couple of jokes and then Sherman says he got him and then he wants him to stop and he is still making jokes and making fun of him. 

Sherman does laugh for  a little in the beginning and then he ends up with a frown and disappointed look on his face because all this is happening in front of his date and he is really embarrassed and hurt.

The Gentleman that Sherman is takes Carla home and she apologizes about what happened that evening and that they will do something else next time, she tells him she will see at school, Sherman leaves her home and heads back to his working space and decides to the formula on himself because he thinks that if he is thin then everything will be better for him and everyone will like him. 

He puts the formula on himself and amazingly it works he loses weight and is a whole different person. At first when he looks at his first appearance of himself as a man who lost weight he doesn't recognize himself because he is thin and then he eventually does recognize himself and goes on a shopping spree, he is so excited! 

When you watch the movie you will see that Sherman gives himself  a different name with this new experiment of himself because he and the experiment have different personalities.  He decides to name himself Buddy love, you will see how he gets the name when you watch the movie, Buddy is the life of the party, he is loud and funny and has a big personality. 

When you see the movie you will see how Buddy is different from Sherman, Buddy likes expressing himself and making sure everyone knows who he is and what he does and how he provides to the world. He is a very exciting character, when you watch the movie you never know what direction he is going or what he is going to do next. 

He is very funny in the movie and will most likely make you have a belly laugh. 

You will see the journey of Sherman, Buddy and Carla is  funny dramatic and exciting, It comes out with a happy ending Eddie Murphy and Jada do an outstanding job in the movie, they makes their characters really come to life and it feels like you are feeling how they are feeling when the movie is being portrayed  they put their all into their movie characters.

I decided to write about this movie today because it is a very nice and touching story, the lesson I learned from the movie is to like yourself for who you are and to never change yourself for someone else, Sherman changed himself and he did not like who he had become. 

He decided to change back to his old self and stay true to himself because he knows that he is the only person that can make himself shine. 

 I have a very unique high voice and it is very special to me and i sound like a young girl, I do a get a lot of compliments on it I have heard that I sound like the Singer Michele I used to try to make my voice deep because that is what I was told to do to make my voice sound more mature and like an adult. 

When I would force myself to talk deep it would hurt my throat because I wasn't used to talking that way so I decided to talk the way I wanted to talk and use the voice that I was blessed with and born with, hopefully I will get to use it for animation one day or something fun in the future I like my voice and I am not going to change my voice because I like my voice and it is the voice that was chosen special for me. 

My favorite scene from Nutty Professor is when Sherman and Buddy get into a fighting match at a very important banquet for the school, and you will see who wins the argument.

 The part I like is when Sherman makes a speech about who he is and what kind of person he is and who he is in real life. He said that he has decided to be the person that he is and to keep moving forward. He said that he will exercise and try to lose weight and even when he does that he will still be a overweight man and that he is ok with that.

I recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good Comedy/Romance


Amazon.com: The Nutty Professor : Eddie Murphy, Jada Pinkett Smith, James  Coburn, Larry Miller, Dave Chappelle, John Ales, Tom Shadyac, Brian Grazer,  Russell Simmons, Jerry Lewis, David Sheffield, Barry W. Blaustein, Tom






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...