Friday, August 4, 2023

Enough

 Hey everyone! Happy August! I hope you all are having a good summer so far! I have been having a good summer. Today I have decided to write about the movie Enough starring Jennifer Lopez and Billy Campbell.  

It starts out with Jennifer Lopez at the restaurant talking to her friend Ginny, and they are serving a couple of men. 

Robbie asks Jennifer Lopez's character Slim, if she has read the book that he is reading, she says yes, he hands her  a red rose, she says thank you !  Robbie starts asking more questions, Slim starts getting uncomfortable, that is when Mitch, in a different booth, tells him to leave her alone. Robbie says ok; afterwards when you watch the movie you'll see a little incident happens.

After Robbie leaves the restaurant Mitch asks Slim for a date, and she accepts,and they later get married, they are very happy and in love. 

As their marriage progresses they look for a house, as their expecting a baby. The baby comes, and they all go to the beach,  Slim notices that Mitch isn't having as much fun as her and their daughter Gracie.

After the beach they go home and Slim checks on Gracie and sees that she is sleeping. Mitch is getting ready to go out for the evening, and Slim notices that his phone is buzzing. She answers it and a woman answers the phone, that is when Slim knows Mitch is cheating on her!

 Slim asks Mitch about the lady, and he tells her to stay out of it, unless she wants to fight. She lets it go for now, and then later she finds out that he is still cheating on her. She tries standing up for herself again and he ends up slapping her, tells her to stay out of his business and things really start taking a turn for the worse. 

Slim  tries telling Mitch's  mom about what is going on, his mom asks her what is she doing wrong?  Mitch finds out that Slim went to his mother and that made him upset  they fought again, and Slim gets hurt. The next day, Slim goes to pick up Gracie from school,  the staff  tells her that her dad picked her up. She races back home, and doesn't see her, she calls Mitch on the phone, and asks where they are he says the zoo, and that they will be back soon. 

Later that evening, Slim makes an escape plan to leave the house and takes Gracie with her, unfortunately her plan doesn't work. Mitch finds out and him and Slim gets into another fight which you will see; he knocks her out. Slim's friends come in and help her and Gracie, Mitch tells Slim that he will find them. Her friends take her to a hotel to spend the night, before they go to bed Slim gets a telephone call and it's Mitch, he tapped the phone line to find out where they were. There are lot of dramatic events that happen after this scene,  a lot of fighting scenes that will keep you on the edge of your seat. When you watch the movie, you will think what's going to happen next? 

I decided to write about this movie because Jennifer Lopez is one of my favorite actresses and she does an outstanding job in every movie that I have seen her in. This movie is very exciting and has a lot of twists and turns; the surprises will keep you alert wondering what her character is going to do or where the story is going to go. Although, it is exciting it also teaches you about standing up and  fighting for yourself self and the importance of self defense, this is very good to know in life. Sometimes when I am holding my beloved dog Elijah my dad tries to play fight me, my dog will defend me and snap at him. He is my protector, every women deserves a protector. 

One of my favorite parts of the movie is their use of karate moves. I am very good at karate myself. My mom tells me that a lot and she says I am very strong. My dad is strong too, he has very good upper body strength he does 300 pushups every day! CRAZY RIGHT?! Also my favorite scene from the movie is when Slim fights for herself and Gracie, because she knows that is the only way to get out of what she has been through. You will have to see the movie to see the end results, I'm sure you will like the ending!

If this is something you have been through, HELP IS AVAILABLE! SPEAK WITH SOMEONE TODAY BY CALLING 800-799-7233 This is available 24/7.

I recommend this movie to anyone who likes Drama and Action and those who have faced Domestic Violence has my deepest sympathy and prayers.

Enough (2002) - IMDb






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bedtime Stories

Hey Everyone!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful summer and a wonderful day! I’m having a wonderful summer so far.  I just recently sta...