Thursday, September 26, 2024

Drum line


Hey Everyone !! 
Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starring Nick Cannon, Zoe Saldana, Orlando Jones, Leonard Robert’s and a whole amazing cast.

The movie follows a young man who is from New York and he is a drummer who is played by Nick Cannon he  enters A&T University in Atlanta Georgia, he bumps heads with the leader of his new school drum section. 

Devon just graduated from high school and he’s headed to Atlanta Georgia to attend the A&T University a historically black college that takes enormous pride in its marching band.

Devon was personally invited to attend on a full scholarship by Dr. Lee head of the band for his prodigious talents.

the band separates itself from its competitors by requiring all members to read music rather than what is currently popular on the radio , and by dedication to the teamwork emphasized one band, one sound concept.

Preseason band camp is mentally and physically challenging designed to push members past their limits, at the end of pre season the musicians audition for spots on the field .

Devon is the only freshman to make P1, the highest level player , he also finds time to get a girlfriend and romances her , his girlfriend’s name is Laila.

 Sean Devon’s percussion leader is  growing weary of Devon’s cockiness he decides to challenge him to take a solo in his first game believing he will panic and be embarrassed.

Sean is shocked and humiliated when Devon takes the solo which upsets Dr. Lee, as punishment Dr. Lee orders Sean to clean the drums, this sets up tension in the drum line which is exacerbated.

 When Dr. lee is told by School president Wagner to change his focus from music to entertainment or risk losing funding.

 Dr. Lee doesn’t want to give him more playing time, because of his lack of respect and selfish attitude , he finds out that he lied on his college application about being able to read music.

He is demoted to P4 by Dr. Lee until he learns reluctantly he gives him his P1 Spot back when Wagner pressures Dr. Lee.

Devon inflames a fight at A&Ts homecoming game with a visiting band , he is expelled from the band by Dr. Lee and the fight also strains his relationship with Laila .

She is embarrassed to introduce him to her parents who attended the game. Devon contacts A&Ts rival school board Morris College to discuss playing for their band next season.

Mr. Wade Browns  leader says that Devon doesn’t need to know how to read music , he will likely get a full scholarship and a good position on the drumline , when Wade wants to know what Dr. Lee  is planning for the BET big southern classic a large competition of college bands.

Devon realizes he was trying to use him to steal A&Ts performance plans  and that his heart and honor is still with the A&T Band he rejects the scholarship from wade and returns to A&T.

 Though Devon isn’t still playing with the band, he doesn’t give up his drumming , after receiving tapes from his estranged father Ray he gains inspiration for the new drum arrangements, he goes to present these ideas to the band, he and Sean have a confrontation and clear the air.

 They begin to work together and present the idea to Dr.lee who decides to use the idea for the classic, Devon helps them prepare for the classic, and he patches things up with Laila , In appreciation for all his help and preparing the band for the classic seeing his maturity and growth he tells Devon that he can play in the band the following year.

The movie seems to be based on HBCU , Historical Black colleges I had some family members that attend different universities. My dad attend AT&T University in Greensboro North Carolina.

You will have to see the rest of the movie to find out what happens next I can assure you it is a wonderful and happy prodigious. 

I decided to write about this movie because Nick Cannon is one of my favorite celebrities,   Love his personality and his happy and bright smile and the heart that he has for people and his family. 

He is my top favorite host on the Masked Singer he does an excellent job on the show, he makes it so fun and entertaining and a good experience for everyone who is involved in the show and for everyone who is watching the show in person live and for those who are watching on screen at home. 
He does such an Awesome job playing this role he puts his whole heart and spirit into the character and brings him to life. 

The drumming in the movie reminds me of my Uncle he is an outstanding drummer, he plays the drums amazing and beautifully I know that it’s Music to Gods ears he’s playing the drums since his Childhood, when he was younger, he would drum on the table and his mom and my mom who is his sister said that he has a good beat. Always a good and exciting Time when I see him and my Aunt. I don’t know what I’d do without them,  I’m blessed and grateful to be their niece.

He plays the drums for a few different churches and I have been blessed to hear him play the drums whenever I go to visit with him and my Aunt and Cousins, he plays the drums to bring glory to God and also I think because it brings him joy and makes him happy, when I hear a song playing I often think of my uncle and say to my mom or myself I see my uncle playing this song.

I’m praying to God that my Uncle will have a chance to play in a band with a well known artist and then once people hear him play the drums then more people will want him to play for them, I Know that God will do more than he is expecting.  I often find my self  air drumming to different songs that I hear I air drum my pretend drums and move my hands like my uncle does when he plays his drums. He is loved by so many and brings joy to a lot of people blessed to have him. I love my uncle very much, he always brings joy and happiness to my heart and spirit.

 I can also relate to this movie personally you see because I have a cousin named Devin , everytime I see the movie, I think of my cousin Devin because he is smart, and caring and has a big and wonderful heart, and is Loving, kind, and always has a bright and happy smile on his face when I see him, he always knows how to cheer me up and put a smile on my face. He is also loved by many and is a wonderful friend, cousin ,brother, son and father . I love him so much with all my heart.♥️ I am so grateful and thankful for him.
I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to watch a good musical and fun movie 🎥 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...