Thursday, August 27, 2026

9 to 5




Hey Everyone, I hope you all are having a wonderful August.... This week has been so hard for me.

If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the Rain! I am hoping my rainbow will come soon, right now I am having a cloud of rain.

I believe it will come soon, I am hanging in there and taking it a day at a time.. I have decided to write about one of my favorite movies 9-5 starring the beautiful Dolly Parton, lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and a whole wonderful Cast of People!

 The movie Starts with a reserved house wife named Judy Bernly who must start work as a secretary at consolidated companies after her divorce, and is placed under the supervision of experienced and sharp-tongued widow Violet Newstead both work under President Mr. Hinkle and egotistical sexist vice president Franklin Hart.

Whom Violet once trained Mr. Hart turns Violet down for a promotion in favor of Bob Enright who is below her, she reveals to attractive married secretary Doralee Rhodes a rumor about an affair between Doralee and Hart leading both women to take the afternoon off drinking at a local bar.

Judy joins them at the local bar after learning of Hart's dismissal of Maria Delgado after his loyal administrative assistant Roz she has disclosed her salary to another employee which is against his rules, they are unable to think of a way to improve their situation.

They spend the evening spending time together and hanging out and talking about revenge and imagine what they would do their boss Mr. Hart Judy would shoot him like a hunter does a deer, Doralee would Hogtie him and roast him over a slow fire.

Violet would poison his coffee dressed as Snow White the Disney Princess, the next day it is time for work and Violet is having a bit of a frustrating morning and is a  little distracted she accidentally puts Rat Poison in Mr. Hart's Coffee mistaking the box for the nearly identical box of sweetener, before he can even drink it his desk chair malfunctions and he blacks out after hitting his head on a credenza, Violet realizes her mistake and thinks the poisoned coffee caused Hart to black out.

 She and Judy meet Doralee at the hospital just in time to overhear a doctor pronounce another man dead from poisoning, Violet thinks the dead man is Mr. Hart she steals the body to prevent an autopsy and is arguing with Judy and Doralee while doing that she crashes her car damaging her fender.

 Doralee goes to get a tire iron from the trunk to fix the fender and she sees that the body isn't Mr. Harts they return it back to the hospital , they are all back to work the next day and all the ladies meet in the ladies room to chat and Doralee explains that Hart hit his head, he didn't drink the coffee they are all relieved and happy and agree to meet for happy hour after work.

His assistant Roz hears everything the ladies say and reports it to him and he requests to see Dora in his office and offers her a choice if she spends the night at his house with him he won't report her, Judy and violet for attempted murder,  she refuses his offer and Hart won't hear her out she hogties him and stuffs a scarf he had given her as a gift in his mouth to keep him quiet, he tricks Judy into loosening the binds and that leads her to shoot at him with Doralees gun. 

You will have to see the rest of the movie to find out what happens next, I can tell you it is a happy ending and will make you laugh and smile! 

I decided to write about this movie because I wanted to show my appreciation for Dolly and all the joy, kindness, love and laughter and joy she Brought to the world. 

Dolly is truly and always will be one of my favorite people in the world, I just loved Dolly Parton I loved her laugh and smile and her love for music the way it brought so much joy and happiness to her heart everytime she sang any kind of song or genre of Music.

She put all of her heart and soul into whatever she was singing and she knew what she was singing about what she was singing about whenever she was singing.

She was kind to everyone and to know her was to love her, She treated everyone like family and made you feel loved and special and important and just at ease, she really left a beautiful legacy and will forever be remembered and loved her name definitely fit her and she was truly a doll and a Queen

 I also liked her because she reminded me a lot of myself with her love of music, making people smile and happy making sure everyone is ok and loving on her family and friends. Her laugh reminds me of my laugh too, because she has a hearty laugh it is so sweet and happy and when you would her laugh you would want to laugh with her because of the way it sounded and how happy and joyous it is. 

Her passing was one of the hardest ones for me, I will always be a fan of hers and continue to celebrate her and her life I am so glad she was here for 80 Years she did a lot of things in the world for 80 years of life and touched so many hearts and lives. I want you all to know that she will always love you and you will always have a special place in her heart! 

One of my favorite Dolly Movies is a Christmas Country Story where a young teenage girl dreams about becoming a country music star and goes against her moms wishes to achieve her dream.. The story is really heartwarming and a beautiful story!

 I really love Dolly's Part in the movie too and what she says to Grace about her dream and how proud of her she is and she sees what a beautiful Star she is the talk they have together is really heart-warming and sweet! You will enjoy the movie when you see it!

 My favorite scene from 9-5 is when Dora lee and Mr.Hart are talking that scene is so funny the way Dolly acts in that scene makes me laugh everytime and I think it will make you laugh too! I really love the song 9-5 I have been listening to it constantly the last couple of days! 

Because I love the song and I enjoy Dolly's voice.  I have a special message from the Sweet Dolly Parton, I want you to know that you are enough... and people who tell you otherwise aren't worth your time, there's nothing better proving people wrong.

You got this sometimes in my life I didn't have people that believed in me I am so grateful and thankful for the people that did and have stayed with me through my 29 years of life. I encourage you to make a list of things you love about yourself they can be big or small. I love my encouragement for people. I love my happy smile and my almond shaped eyes. I love my height even though I am short I am strong... I love my voice it's sweet and happy and sounds like music! I love the way I celebrate my birthday and my love for family and my friends! 

I love that I was born into the world and have people that love and care about me! If you tell yourself enough nice things you will believe them too, Go into the room with Confidence there's nothing wrong with being confident! I want you to know you are in the door because you  deserve to be there you earned it, and don't let the door hit you on the way in! Believe in yourself that's what I am going to do! Thank you Aunt Dolly I will truly miss you !

 I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to enjoy a Dolly Movie!






\








No comments:

Post a Comment

9 to 5

Hey Everyone, I hope you all are having a wonderful August.... This week has been so hard for me. If you want the rainbow you gotta put up w...