Sunday, September 6, 2020

My Cousin Kevin Gray! A Man with a Plan

Hello everyone, today I decided to write about my Cousin Kevin. He is a strong and great Man of God. I love him very much. Kevin is my first cousin, I am related to him through my Uncle Herb and my Aunt Joan. We have a lot of memories together, I will share a few of them with you. One of the memories I have with my cousin Kevin is when my grandparents were celebrating their anniversary on a cruise ship. All of my family was there and my grandparents friends were there too celebrating their anniversary with him. While we were on the cruise ship, my aunt Joan came over and talked with me, she said Emerald will you do me a favor? I said sure aunt joan she asked me if I would always watch out for Kevin, I said of course Aunt Joan, I would be happy too do that for you. Kevin has always been there for me and has always encouraged me. 

Another memory I have is at my Uncle Herbs repass, everyone was in the room and eating and talking with one another. I was sitting at the table talking with my family, and I looked over and saw Kevin standing in the corner, I decided to go up to talk to him and see how he was doing, I went up to him and I said hey Kevin how are you doing, he looked at me and said, hey Emerald Im doing fine. Then he said how are you doing, I said I'm doing good too. I gave him a big hug and I asked if I could take a picture with him, and he said of course. We took a picture together, and we were matching that day. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie and I was wearing a black dress with a red hairband the picture came out really nice. He is a wonderful father and his son's name is Kameron. I remember when I first met Kameron; he is such a handsome and happy boy. 

Kameron has the brightest smile! I remember holding him one time, I have gotten to hold him a few times when he was a baby, I remember this particular time when I got to hold him, we went out to eat at a restaurant, and I was holding Kameron and he smiled at me and put his cheek against mine. He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek. We took a picture together, he liked playing with my necklace. My other favorite memory with Kameron is my aunt sent me a video of Kameron, and she is saying my name to him, and he is smiling and laughing to the reaction of my name. That made my Heart smile. Kevin owns his own business and he does a fantastic job; he is a hard and determined worker. 
Exercise is really important to him as well, He works very hard at staying in shape and keeping up with his health. Him and Kameron are wonderful together, seeing them together makes me smile. Kevin loves Kameron so much. Kevin has a beautiful family; Markisha is a wonderful mother to Kameron he loves his mom and dad so much. 

Another wonderful memory I have with Kevin is, we went to Charlotte, North Carolina to celebrate christmas together with him and his beautiful family and we all had such a wonderful time. The first night we arrived, Kevin took my Grandmother, my mom and me out to see christmas lights. There were also lights on Christmas trees, the lights went along with the beat of the music it was so cool. And then Kevin took us to a little christmas scenery outing, they had a nativity scene, and different kinds of things inside, we had a lot of fun there too. We took a lot of pictures together. Kevin said Im going to have dreams of christmas trees tonight. We had such a wonderful and fun time celebrating christmas together as a big happy family. Kevin's family were wonderful hostess. They did such a wonderful and amazing Job, Its one of the best christmases I ever had and will always remember. 

Another amazing memory I have Is when I graduated from Millersville University in 2017, Kevin is so awesome, My graduation was the same day as one of his cousins, he came down from Charlotte North Carolina to pick up my Aunt Joan from Virginia, and My Grandma and Uncle Gary from Maryland to drive to Pennsylvania to celebrate my special day with me, He missed his cousins graduation, He told her congratulations and he is proud of her. He and my family chose to drive to Pennsylvania to watch me walk across the stage at Millersville University, Kevin is the man with a plan. He had the family ready to go and told them what time they would be hitting the road so they could make it on time to my graduation to celebrate my special day with me. It was the day of my graduation, my whole family was there and they all watched me walk across the stage, I heard my mom and grandmother yell yay Emerald! That made me smile. After graduation was over, I thought I would surprise my family by going over to the building where people could watch the graduation from a screen. I made my way over to the building, It was raining on my graduation day, I got to the building and the room where the people gathered to watch the graduation from a special room was empty. I was wondering what happened to everyone, My mom called me on the phone, she said all the family is here,  the family drove to the building where the graduation was being held. My mom said wait there, we will drive over to where you are and come and get you. I waited in the building, I saw my cousin Kevin walking toward me, He is really a gentleman, I was so happy to see him, He opened the door for me and gave me a big Hug! He said Congrats Emerald! You walked all the way over here by yourself? I said yes! He said thats a long way! He walked me over to the car and opened the door for me so we could head back to my house for a party! My Cousin Kevin knows my favorite color is purple. He wore purple just for me and to celebrate my special day. He purposely wore purple out of the kindness of his heart and to bless me on my special day. He makes me smile. 

 I just want to talk about my Aunt Joan and Uncle Herb for a second they are Kevin's parents. My Uncle Herb is and was an amazing Person and Uncle, My brother and me always had so much fun with him. When me and my brother would visit my grandma, he would make his way over and see us, he would take us on outings and do different fun things with us, He was big on black history and its culture, He would tell us different things about our history and he would take us drives and show us different things that were part of our history. He took us to a museum and we saw different paintings and other interesting things.

He also took us to see Fredrick Douglas house, we got too take a tour, and learn different and interesting things about him. Every time, I saw my Uncle Herb, He always had a big smile on his face, And he had the best laugh, It would fill my heart with so much Joy! A funny memory I have with him is, I will always remember, he took me and my brother to the movies, we saw Kung fu Panda. Thats a movie and special memory I hold close to my heart, We saw the movie together, when the movie was over, He had his boots off and he had fallen asleep in the movie theater chair aisle. My brother and I thought it was funny! He was always filled with so much Joy and kindness. I love him very much, He passed away, I miss him very much. I always hold him in my heart, I am grateful and blessed for the memories we were able to have together . One other special memory, I hold dear is My Uncle Herb and my grandmother drove from Maryland to celebrate my High School Graduation with me. They arrived at my house, It was time to leave to go to my High School Graduation, My Uncle Herb drove me to where my High School Graduation was at first he was a little lost, and could not find his way. Then he found a short cut to go on to where the high school graduation was being held. He was known in the family for finding shortcuts. We arrived before my Parents did. He got me there on time. That is a memory I will always treasure. I have a lot of fun memories with him.

 My Aunt Joan is a wonderful and beautiful lady, I love seeing her, she makes my heart smile. She has blessed me with a lot of wonderful and beautiful things. I remember seeing her for the first time in a while, It was at my grandmas house, I came in the house, I went in the little room, I saw her sitting on the couch and I said Aunt Joan! We gave each other the biggest Hugs, because we haven't seen each other in a while. I was so happy to see her, she has such a wonderful and big and Happy Heart, I am her little emerald and angel. We text each other all the time and stay in touch with each other, she even named a beautiful Purple Rose after me. She is so nurturing and kind, she has a lovely and happy voice too, She loves Kevin very much too! My Aunt Joan is very special and a wonderful and amazing strong woman of God. She always supports me and encourages me! I am so Happy  and thankful to have her as my Aunt I thank God so Much! 

I chose to write about My Cousin Kevin, because he inspires me because he shines his bright light for God and the world to see that makes me want to shine my bright light for the world to see too, he gives me the best hugs, They are always so warm and loving and filled with a lot of care. My favorite thing about Kevin is how loving and kind he is, And how his spirit is so strong and Majestic for God. I love his relationship with Kameron, It is so strong and loving,and real, It is filled with Gods love. The last time I saw Kevin was for christmas last year when we all celebrated together. I hope to see him and my family again soon once everything calms down. I know in my heart and believe that Kevin will always be there for and always be the wonderful and amazing cousin that he is now. I am very proud of Kevin, and I love him with all my heart! I am glad  that god blessed me with Kevin being my cousin! Thank you Kevin for inspiring me and always encouraging me and being there for me! I really appreciate it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drum line

Hey Everyone !!  Hope you are having a wonderful and amazing day!! I have decided to do a blog on one of my favorite movies Drumline Starrin...