Friday, October 8, 2021

Thirteen going on Thirty

 Hey everyone, I have decided to write about the movie thirteen going on thirty. It stars Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo.

  Jennifer plays a character named Jenna and Mark plays a guy named Matty, they are best friends, and go to the same school. Jenna is thirteen years old and is middle school, she wants more out of her life and she wants to be with the popular clique at her school and she wants to be popular herself and have more friends instead of just one friend. 

She is tired of being a young girl, she wants to be thirty and live life to the fullest because she thinks when she is thirty then she will have everything she wants and live the best life and have fun being thirty.

 Jenna  has a party planned to celebrate her birthday she invites a lot of people from her school to come and her best friend Matty also the popular group of girls at school, they call themselves six chicks because there are six of them in a group.  

Jenna thinks that when they arrive at her party they will invite her to be a sixth chick.

Before the party starts Matty gives his birthday present to Jenna it is a dream house of the all the things she wished for when she grows up and lives her own life, she loves it. She tells him to put the present away because guests are arriving now the party has started and everyone that Jenna invited has arrived, and the party is dragging a little because the music is a little slow. 

And there isn't very much entertainment the popular clique come up with a game to play to liven up the party. You will see what the game is when you watch the movie.

Everyone starts leaving the party because they want to go somewhere else to hang out and they are bored. Before they leave they run into Matt, Matt had left the party to get his tape to play to get everyone dancing and he also got his stereo to play some music for everyone. 

One of the girls from the popular clique, you will see her in the movie, tells Matt that Jenna is waiting for him to play the game with her, Matt goes to play the game with Jenna, she then tells him that she is waiting for someone else. 

Matt decides to give her next birthday present, you will see the present he gives her when you watch the movie, Jenna just wants to be left alone, she wishes that she could being thirteen and just turn thirty already and start having fun. 

The next day her wish comes true, she is now a thirty year old woman living a different life from when she was thirteen years old. She goes through a lot of different changes, and has a whole new lifestyle and new friends and she also has a cool job that she loves. There is also a storyline that happens between her and Matt, I will keep that a surprise, It is a very good that happens, there are a few bumps in the road when they first meet up something good happens later. 

I decided to write about this movie because it is a dramaedy.

It has a lot of fun and silly scenes and a couple dramatic scenes it keeps the movie entertaining and lively, everyone loves that, It has wonderful acting and the actors really put themselves into the characters they are playing and really feel the emotions of their characters. 

And I wrote about this because it is my wonderful cousins Ria's favorite movie, she is an awesome and amazing fun lady. I also am looking forward to turning thirty one day because it will be a big milestone for me. I will be able to look back all the memories I had in my twenties and say those were good and wonderful years, now I can look forward to what thirty has for me.

My favorite scene from the movie is when her wish comes true of being thirty. After she says she wishes she could be thirty, she decides to go to bed for the evening, so when she wakes up the next morning, the scene shows an apartment, and it shows her sleeping in her bed, she wakes up like she normally does and she goes to look at herself in the mirror, when she does she freaks out because her entire face and body are different, she realizes that something has changed and she is not thirteen anymore, the whole scene is funny! My favorite Scene!

My favorite character is Jenna because, she is kind,caring, funny, jovial and full of life. Even though she is a thirty year old woman she still has the heart of her thirteen year old self, I think even though I am 24 I am a young adult and child at heart, because I when I go to Disney world, I feel like a young girl again and feel so happy!

I recommend this movie to anyone who loves a good comedy/drama movie and wants to be filled with laughter and smiles all around! I think this movie will fill your heart with joy and happiness!


Amazon.com: 13 Going On 30 (Special Edition) : Jennifer Garner, Mark  Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis, Gary Winick, Susan Arnold, Donna Arkoff  Roth, Gina Matthews, Revolution Studios Development Company, LLC; Thirteen  Productions,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Bedtime Stories

Hey Everyone!!! I hope you all are having a wonderful summer and a wonderful day! I’m having a wonderful summer so far.  I just recently sta...